After the long, drawn-out work week I was excited to get home to hang with my fiance. I am seeing him less and less these days due to my busy work schedule and his school schedule. We had planned to go see "The Social Network" at LA Live and then go get our favorite Mai Tai's at Trader Vic's. The movie was pretty good and really fun to watch because we all know we love our Facebook. Jake and I were "early adopters" of Facebook all the way back in 2004 when it was only open to college students. Those were some fun times!
Saturday morning we had our friends Graham and Christi in LA to go to the USC football game at the coliseum. We treat these games as all day events of course, so we headed to campus around 11:30 to show Twiz the newly remodeled Traddies. We had some apps and beers and a couple of mimosas for the girls before we met up with Chris and Brienne and headed to the Marshall tailgate. I don't know why they do this to me everytime, but they seriously give you enough drink tickets to get you going pretty good. Needless to say a drunken fight with your fiance at the coliseum is never fun, but hey, it happens to the best of us! After the tailgate we met up with Brienne and Chris' parents at their usual spot right in front of the coliseum. (Perfect for that one last pre-game drink and sighting of Charlie O'Connell :)
After the game we had big plans to go out to Hollywood to Voyeur, but in true post-game fashion, we were beat. Jake has to study all day today as well, so he didn't want to be out all night either.
Today is Jake's mom's birthday and both of his parents are coming out for sushi at Yamashiro in the Hollywood Hills. Its supposed to be a pretty cool place so I'm excited to check it out. I have to go get Jake's car washed (so the 'rents dont have to ride in a dirty car) and go get his mom a birthday present so Jake doesn't have to stop studying!
I'm not looking forward to this week at work at all. I have a business dinner to attend that interferes with my Bootcamp night :( and I have audit projects galore to complete by Thursday on top of my normal month-end close work. It's going to be hell and I will sure be glad for the weekend to come so I can spend it with my mom and go to an old friend's baby shower!
Have a great rest of the weekend and great week ahead!
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment