Today marks the 10 year anniversary of when Jake's brother, Michael, passed away due to a cancerous brain tumor. He would have been 25 next month. It is especially hard for me this year because Michael is my future brother-in-law. I wish more than anything I could have met him and seen him and Jake together. It kills me to see Jake and his parents grieve for their special Michael.
I honestly think he might have been an angel on earth. Every story I've ever heard about him surrounds Michael in innocence, bewilderment and excitement. He was a lover of all holidays, especially Christmas and Halloween. The pictures of him and Jake when they were younger are amazing. Obviously they look alike because they are brothers, but you can just tell how much Michael adored and looked up to Jake. It is the most unimaginable thing you can ever think to happen to a family unit to lose a child with such zest and curosity about life.
I know Michael is looking down on his family today and always.
Love you future brother.
xoxo
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I have no doubt Michael is smiling down on you and loving how happy you have made Jake. :) He is very lucky to have such a fantastic sister-in-law!
Post a Comment