Friday, July 23, 2010

Oh Friday!

I just love being able to veg out alone on a Friday night. Jake is at the Dodger game with his fellow USC MBAs (I went to our company's suite last night. So cool!) So I'm home alone and veggin' out. I didnt really have high hopes for tonight but was really looking forward to watching my DVR'd episode of Bethenny Getting Married! I came home from work at an actually decent hour and made myself a delciously healthy meal of baked salmon, brown rice and steamed vegetables. Poured myself a glass of cranberry juice and pressed play!

Bethenny Frankel-Hoppy is my absolute guilty pleasure and is probably my newest woman-crush at the moment. I dont know what it is about this show, but I am obsessed with a capital O! Bethenny is so freakin' hilarious and her new husband and baby bump just put me over the edge. They are so darn cute together, I cant even take it. Jake and I got engaged right around the time the show started so I have had so much fun watching her plan her wedding (with a much higher budget than mine!) and start to figure out our own process. I get sad when the show ends and I can't watch her anymore.

Last night's episode showed Bethenny going into labor. Her baby came 5 weeks early and her and Jason were nowhere near prepared. But in true Bethenny fashion, she seemed to pull it off flawlessly with her jokes about going to a bar to get drunk one last time and telling Jason he was soooooo lucky they had sex this week! She's hilarous. It made me so happy to see them so excited to be parents. I am truly just very happy for them, even though I don't know them. Ahhh! I want our experience to be as good as theirs.

Honestly, when I watch positive, happy shows like this, I think how I will be when those life moments will happen to me. I know when we get married and eventually have children, I will be the happiest, most proud wife and momma ever. I've waited my whole life to meet my husband and children and now its FINALLY getting closer! I cannot wait!

I was having my typical hating LA and traffic conversation yesterday with Jake and he kept telling me that all of our maladjustments and uncomfortable feelings about this new life are just sacrifices we have to make for our future and our new family we will create. I love when he talks about that. He is truly my best supporter (and now I'm crying). I know he is right, but its hard to wait for things you want so bad. I just want to be successful, and be a good wife/mother/friend/daughter/grandchild to all my loved ones. Anyway, I'm ranting, but at least in the meantime I can live through my guilty pleasure/stupid TV shows! Happy weekend everyone!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you so much Berr!

I honestly admire the sacrifices you make for one another and how you two always push one another to live out your dreams. I love you two!!

And LOVE Bethenny's show :)

Post a Comment