We were lucky enough to be able to go to Mammoth Lakes, Ca this weekend for an awesome snowboarding trip! While I'm not the greatest snowboarder (yet!), I'm getting better and better each time. This trip was all about fun and snow!
We left Friday night after work and met up with Corinne and John before heading up the 395 to Mammoth. The drive in was absolutely gorgeous even though we arrived around midnight. It was a full moon so the mountain ranges on both sides of the highway were literally lit up with snow. It looked like the sun was about to rise instead of it being the dead middle of the night. I have never seen anything like it.
The next morning we woke up, drank some mimosas and headed to the mountain for a full day of snowboarding. Luckily, I test drove a Ford this week and earned a free lift ticket. Score! It was snowy and windy all day but that didnt stop us from having fun/shreading the gnar :) Saturday night we piled into Buck's car and headed to dinner at Gomez's. Delicious tacos! Unfortunately, the altitude got to me after dinner and I wasnt feeling up to going out with everyone to Hyde. I wish I could have gone but I felt really sick. It seemed like the rest of the group had tons of fun.
Since I went to bed early the night before, I was up and ready to go Sunday! We packed up and headed to the mountain for the second day. The weather was much better and the sun was actually out. We left the mountain at about 1:30 and a group of us went to lunch at the Village at a place called Burgers. Best damn patty melt of my life! After that, we headed home!
It was a quick trip, but I had so much fun and cant wait to get back out to Mammoth!
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'm so sad we missed it but so glad you guys had fun!!! Can't wait for a repeat is Asssspen :) You'll be owning the mountain by then Berr!!!
Post a Comment