No, I'm not talking about exercise, food, boyfriends or cars.
I'm talking about my clothes. I feel like I get in these moods where I either hate eveything in my closet and feel like I have nothing to wear or I feel like I have tons of options. However......lately this relationship has been taken to a whole new level.

Let me explain. As I mentioned before, I went and used some birthday money at Banana Republic last week and found some great options for work and outside of work. I immediately went home and started making outfits with my new pieces, well sort of.
I then logged onto Forever 21 a few days later and ordered just enough to get free shipping on my order. This purchase was all about more casual pieces and accessories. I love being casual and Im actually pretty lucky I can wear casual items to work. My rule generally is no low-cut shirts and nothing too tight. Most of my clothing fits this bill.
So my love affair with my closet lasted a few days. I wore a pretty new Banana top to a club on Saturday night (and proceeded to spill an inordinate amount of alcohol all over it, causing my poor little dry cleaning lady to look at me in disgust) and was feeling very confident going into Sunday morning when we were going to have friends over to watch the football games. Low and behold, I was running super late and guests began to arrive. I know I dont have to impress any of these people because they are all my friends, but I like to create cute outfits and always try to keep it different.
I'm tearing through my closet like a mad woman and realize the top that I wanted to wear was dirty. Great, why does that always happen? Plan B. A bright orange top with skinny jeans. Ok, I guess this will do. It was not even one of my newly purchased items, but I didnt care at that point. Just get me out of this closet.
So fast forward to today. We had clients coming into the office today, so everyone needed to dress in business attire (basically no jeans). I was excited because I was finally going to get to wear my new Banana black skirt, which I wanted to buy in every color. I tried it on at the store with the pretty little top I so gracefully dirtied up with alcohol last Saturday. Sigh. Its at the dry cleaner. So Plan B? Nothing fit well. I was having one of those moments where I forgot how to even mix and match anything. Flowy top? No, I'll look huge. Longer sweater? Well then you couldn't see the beauty that is this new skirt! White shirt? I hate the look of black and white all over. Ugh. Ended up settling on newly dry cleaned and oh so old Banana red silk top. Honestly, I never wear it because I feel like a grandma in it, but hey I was running late at this point.
In this fast decision situations, I just ended up going back to oldies, and not so goodies.
Long story short......I hate my closet. Then I buy things. Then I love my closet for about a day. Then I realize I cant make some of what I bought look good in a pulled together sort of way. So how do I solve this? Buy more clothes of course. Forever 21 is my go to at this point. Always.
So now I'm in the "I need to do laundry or I'll hate my closet again" kind of stage. That also means going to face the oh so pissed off dry cleaning lady again! Eek!

1 comments:
Hahaha... always buy new clothes. Nothing to wear? New clothes. Closets too messy to find anything? New clothes! :)
Post a Comment