Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday Musings

Helllllooooo!

Im having a very productive Monday so far! Had a nice relaxing weekend at home and our Angels sweeped Boston to move on to the ALCS! So proud!

Just wanted to take a moment to send some positive vibes to a few important people in my life. My grandpa Vince is recovering from a stroke he suffered last Sunday. I was able to visit him in the hospital last week and all seems to be fine. Apparently, his heart and high blood pressure medication dosages were out of whack and it caused his heart to stop. Scary stuff, but he seems to be in good spirits. Speedy recovery grandpa!

Jake's mom is undergoing a procedure this morning that I hope goes really well for her since she's had a series of medical problems with her kidneys lately. I was able to talk with her last night and she just wants all of this to be over with! I cant blame her and I hope everything goes well so she will be back to normal soon! And finally, my friend Yassi (whose sister was my roommate at USC) is having her baby on Thursday!! I'm so excited for her and I cant wait to meet baby Noah! She will be induced this Thursday because the baby has a large head and she has a small pelvis....so they want to do a C-section. I hope everything goes well for all of these people I love dearly.

So, I've decided to do a detox diet this week because I have not been eating very well lately. I found the program on Gwenyth Paltrow's blog (www.goop.com). Her doctor formulated the menu for her awhile back and I decided there was no better time than now to try it!

Today is Day 1 of the 7 day plan. I've had lemon water, tea, a smoothie and I'm about to have coconut water next. I hope this goes well and I can exhibit some willpower to get through it without cheating. It will be hard but I'm up for the challenge! I'll post more about it in the coming days.

Thats all for now! Have a happy Monday!

1 comments:

Christi Contois said...

Sending positive vibes to all your grandpa, Jake's mom and Yassi! Good luck with the diet Berrey! I know you will be able to get through it no problem. I took one look at that list and said "absolutely not!" :) You've always had stronger will power when it comes to food! Hopefully you'll be all finished up come Saturday so we can properly celebrate the Trojans after the walk!! <3

Post a Comment