Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend

My how I love weekends and especially relaxing ones!

Friday: We laid low after a happy hour event. I came home and made garlic chicken with pasta. Tuttle went on a date and then we all played Buzz. (The best video game ever!)

Saturday: I had a girls day with my mom. We went to Blue Agave for lunch and then went to our hair lady, Rosa. It was so funny going with my mom to get my hair done with my mom again. Rosa has done my hair since I was 8 or 9 years old. My mom and I would sit for hours talking to Rosa and talking about girlie things. I remember doing my homework with Rosa while my mom's perm set or her color dried. When I turned 16 and could drive myself, my mom and I stopped going to see Rosa together. It was weird at first keeping a conversation with Rosa all by myself, but I eventually got used to it. When we all 3 got together on Saturday, it was like a mini reunion with all of us together. I cant believe how many years she's been cutting my hair. Almost 16 years!

Later on I went over to Christi's for dinner and Girls Night with Maren and Crystal. Our boys all went to some boxing match in LA for the evening. We had a relaxing night just talking and keeping tabs on our Trojans who beat Washington St!

Sunday: I woke up early to go down to Fashion Island for the Susan G. Komen 5k for Breast Cancer. Christi and Chanel put together a team of about 40 people and raised over $2,000. I'm so proud of them and they doubled their goal! The walk itself was very fun and the people were entertaining to watch. I especially loved all of the pink crazy outfits everyone wore! They had pictures of many women who lost their battle against breast cancer and families who walked in their relative's honor. It was very touching to see the amount of support that these people have. I couldnt help but think how lucky my family is that my mom had a false alarm. There were breast cancer survivors there who kept saying how important it is to live everyday to the fullest because you never know what is going to happen. I couldnt agree more.

Afterwards we went to brunch at Billy's for Stephenie's birthday. I was exhausted afterward, so I went home and napped and watched football with Jake.

So that was our weekend. I'm looking forward to getting through this week and off to San Francisco with my friends! Cant wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment