How are all 5 of my followers this Friday afternoon? (haha)
So.....like I said in my last post, my birthday weekend was absolutely fantastic. You can read all about our weekend in Blythe in Christi's blog, complete with pictures and video. Oooh la la! Thank you to Jake, and all my wonderful friends for making my birthday so great!
We had a nice relaxing MLK at home on Monday and then I went to dinner with some old friends at Geisha House. It was so great to see these girls and it always brings back fond memories of when we would hang out in high school. Now, Melissa is engaged and pregnant with her first baby! Wow, time really flies! Update: Melissa found out today she is having a baby girl! So exciting! I will have to find her cute stuff like this

I went to one of my happy places on Tuesday after work, Banana Republic. I had some coupons and giftcards from my birthday and Christmas to use. I got lots of cute stuff for work and non-work attire. Even an awesome dress on sale, that I plan to wear to my little birthday outing Jake arranged for my birthday present! These little shopping trips just make my day! If only I had like a million more dollars to spend, I would go everyday! haha
That night, Jake and I headed over to Taco Tous (or Tornado Tuesday as Mike would call it) for some yummy chili cheese dip, the brightest guacamole I've ever seen and a drunken political debate. Always a fun time with those characters!The next night in this relaxing busy little week of mine, I went to dinner with another set of girlfriends at Fitness Pizza in Yorba Linda. Crystal drove us in their newly purchased car. It was good to get the gang together again, although we were missing our Brienne!
Thursday was an eventful and looooooong day. Jake had scheduled a last minute trip to San Francisco on Monday to interview for the MBA program at Emory. He was luckily able to get an appointment in the morning, which meant a very early airport drop off for me. I got him to John Wayne by 6:10 am and headed to work. It was so early that I had to come in and turn on all the lights in our company. Ugh! I was supposed to work until 3:30 and then swing back by the airport to pick Jake up, but these stupid storms we've been having delayed his flight an hour and a half. I was fading fast at this point, so Jake had his dad pick him up while I went home to nap. I woke up around 5:30 to eat a quick dinner and then head to Newport for a Board of Directors meeting for the Jaycees. Such.a.long.day.
This week has been very rainy and cold and I think they are saying its the biggest storm in 10 years. I've actually enjoyed the rain until today when I saw a car flipped over on the toll road and another one spun out! Not cool. I want the rain to go away now.Tonight I'm going to a shooting range with a group of Jaycees. I've never shot a gun before, so this should get dangerous interesting.
Anywho, I never posted up my 2010 goals. I think its really important to have goals or else you will never be better than you already are. So here they are:

1. Drink more water
2. Increase my mile time by 30 seconds (currently at 9:40)
3. Get better at snowboarding
4. Save more money
5. Travel out of the country at least once (hopefully Thailand this summer)
6. Spend more time with family
7. Be more organized
8. Eat healthy
9. Attend at least 3 concerts (just bought my Coachella tickets today!)
10. Stay positive
The last one is really important to me. I think I am generally a positive person, but sometimes I get in a mood where I feel like nothing goes right and I want to curse the world. Lately, I have been noticing this in myself as it is happening and have started to do a little self talk. Kind of weird, I know. But honestly, I've found it helps tremendously. I just remind myself that I am lucky for all that I have, and think about things I can do to make the crummy situation better. No one wants to be around unhappy or self loathing people, at least not me. So this year is all about positivity, spontaneity and downright fun!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
1 comments:
Yay for positivity!!! :)
Post a Comment