Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 Rewind

Ok, so I havent blogged for over a month. And its bad. I started this whole thing to document more of my life and I've let that same life get in the way of my goal. So here's a look back on a memorable 2009 and a promise to follow my goals in 2010.


January
Jake, Tuttle and I moved into our Anaheim Hills condo. We rang in the New Year at Crystal's cabin in Big Bear. The Trojans beat Penn State in the Rose Bowl. I celebrated my birthday at Rosine's (our fav) with a huge group of my closest friends. I joined a weekly hip hop class with a group of girls and it made me really miss my dancing days. A group of us took a limo to LA to watch OAR and Eric Hutchinson.


February
I ran my first half marathon with Christi after months of training and really earned my Super Bowl Sunday treat! Jake and I celebrated Valentine's Day in Solvang where we went wine tasting and spent a wonderful weekend together. We started planning our Australian adventure. I tried my first Bikram yoga class and really loved it.



March
We started to ditch our weekly hip hop to get drunk and watch movies. Attended one of Christi's Bridal Showers.


April
Best girls weekend ever in Vegas for Christi's bachelorette party where we saw a Britney Spears concert, gambled a lot, and got hammered at the pool all day. The very next weekend I was off to another bachelorette weekend in San Diego for Jen, various awkward situations ensued.


May
I was a bridesmaid in two weddings! Congrats to Graham and Christi and Jen and Ryan. Such a fun and rewarding time knowing I will forever be connected to these people and be able to look back on such fond memories. We spent Memorial Day Weekend in San Diego with a group of friends and had a blast going to a Padres game, dinner and out dancing. My grandpa received an honorary master's degree from Chapman. Jon and Kate Gosselin announce their divorce to the surprise of no one.


June
We celebrated Katelin's birthday at her family's beach house in Oceanside. Michael Jackson dies. I ran the Corona Del Mar 5k with my co-workers and improved my mile time.






July
I bought my very first Tyler Rose bikini and fell in love. First river trip of the season! Jake and I spent 4th of July in San Diego with Adam and Annemarie....so fun watching fireworks from the roof!


August
Kings of Leon in concert. Enough said. Ok, amazingness, expect for the part where I got thrown up on. The girls celebrated Maren, Brienne and Crystal's birthdays at Christi's first dinner party. Took my last CPA exam! My brother turned 21. Annual summer party at work in Huntington Beach. Went to the Pageant of the Masters with my dad in Laguna Beach. Another riv trip.



September
The USC contingent (Graham, Christi, Jake and myself) traveled to Columbus, Ohio to attend the USC vs. Ohio State game. Lets just say I will forever be a fan of whoever plays Ohio State in any game. The fans were terrible and I never want to back to Ohio. EVER. Street Fair 2009 came and went with the opening of Haven as one of the highlights. I began my shreadmill routine and never looked back. Jake became a rapper using the I am T-Pain app. Volunteered at the beer booth at the Taste of Newport. Went to the USC vs. San Jose State game at the Coliseum. Supported the Creations for a Cause team at the Susan G. Komen 5k.


October
A big group of us went to San Fran for a weekend of USC vs. Cal football, gay parades and fabulous sushi! We spent Halloween at Noah's house and then went out at the circle to Haven. Wore purple at the Alzheimer's 5k with Maren, Christi, Chanel and their moms.

November
Jake and I traveled 16 hours to Australia for an adventure Down Under. I will cherish the memories we made there forever! Thanksgiving was spent with family and friends. Learned to bake baklava in a cooking class.



December
First snowboarding trip on the season in Big Bear with Maren and Christi. Jake left to Big Sky, Montana for Christmas. I co-chaired an Adopt a Family Project for the Newport Beach Jaycees where we adopted 4 families! We celebrated Brady's birthday by wine tasting in Temecula. USC blew it in their last game against U of A and clinched a spot in the underwhelming Emerald Bowl. Jake and I celebrate our 6 year anniversary! Christmas dinner with co-workers at Mastro's. Spent New Year's Eve with a great group of friends, dinner at Geisha House and back to the Olsen's for the countdown and dance party!



2009 was an action packed year with many pool days, game nights and great memories! 2010 here we come!

1 comments:

crystal2z said...

March=Hilarious! :)

Post a Comment