Ok so......SHREADMILL wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. It was challenging none the less, but I wish I would have started this beast a long time ago. I felt great afterward although, I think I am still sweating up here in my cubicle.
The class started out with a 5 minute warm up at your own pace. Then Kimball, the instructor, told us this class was going to be about "funky hills." I guess this is a new running term, but I wasnt going to question this woman. She means serious business. She said the inclines would build up to level 12 and then slowly come down. We did this about 3 times. It was VERY challenging. I have never done interval training and these hills were absolute torture. I felt like I was going to throw up on the last one. Not to mention, I went with my co-worker Grey, who is a Shreadmill Rockstar. She goes every Tuesday and Thursday and has the best body ever! She was going up those hills at 9 mph while I was only at 6. I felt like a wimp, but I knew I couldnt tire out in the beginning.
The next couple minutes of the class were speed drills. She told us to run for 1 minute at our second highest speed and then 30 seconds at the fastest speed we could. I like the speed drills a lot because we were only at a 1% incline. I increased my speed every speed drill, so I was pretty happy with that. My last speed was 8.5 mph. Rockstar Grey was at 11 mph, so yeah, I have a long way to go. The last section of the class was what Kimball calls "the finish line." She wants you to finish strong and fast, so I basically died through the last 5 minutes.
I will definitely be taking this class again because I want to improve my endurance on the hills. I walked a couple of times in between the hills, so I want to eliminate the walking and keep my speed steady. I also want to work up to 5 miles throughout the entire class. I ran 4.5 miles today and Grey was over 5 miles. I think 5 miles is a good goal for the next class. I'll post an update about that for sure!
So now I'm back at work (sort of) and eating my delicious fruit Tuesday treats! I feel energized and ready to conquer the next couple of hours. :)
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment